Automation Project Engineer Job in Virginia
This is a manufacturer who is a market leader in their industry and we are looking for someone to lead automation projects within their facilities. The Automation Project Engineer will identify, obtain approval for, and implement automation projects within 9 manufacturing plants. This position will also guide and consult with the manufacturing plants' engineering teams as they conduct locally led automation projects.
• Identification of project opportunities, vetting of ideas, and leading/participating in projects from concept to implementation and commissioning.
• Ownership of Projects from start to finish:
o Engineering: user requirements, engineering specifications, test documents, RFP/RFQ, purchase agreements, acceptance criteria
o Financial: budget development, creation of capital authorization request documents, and execution/tracking of project spending
• Projects may often require independent decision making and exercising of judgment.
• Projects will be for a manufacturing environment and could include: automation/robotic material movement, processing equipment, process control systems, and facility automation systems
• Lead the various stages of the project such as requirements definition, design reviews, vendor selection, factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests, commissioning and qualification, and process validation
• Previous experience with complying with regulated environments (i.e. OSHA, EPA).
• Support businesses and functions with Proof of Concepts and use-cases
• Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.
• Coordinates meetings with stakeholders as required, generates agenda and minutes, maintains project calendars
• Requires working in an industrial manufacturing environment including wearing hearing and eye protection as other potential PPE gear as required.
• Frequent travel will be required
• 4 year Engineering degree or equivalent practical experience
• 5-7 years as an engineer in an industrial environment
• At least 5 years of implementing automation projects, including robotics, in an industrial setting
• Completion of a variety of automation/robotics projects in an industrial setting
• Industry knowledge such as vendor contacts, common methods, terminology, an a breadth of knowledge both technical and non-technical, for a variety of end uses
• Demonstrated project management/leadership roles with complete project ownership
• Experience managing internal maintenance staff and external contractors on a project basis
• Controls experience is preferred
Does this position sound like you? Apply to our link below for immediate consideration and the opportunity to speak to myself candidly about this position. Not quite a fit? That’s okay. Please visit our website at www.PrincetonOne.com to learn more about all of the other fantastic opportunities we’re currently filling.
PrincetonOne is an equal opportunity employer.