We are looking for an experienced Materials Manager from the automotive or industrial market looking to move to a great location in Florida and join a manufacturer with a long history of success and growth and an experienced team with a positive can do approach to business.
Our Materials managers have experience in supply chain and inventory control. They are characterized by excellent organizational and record-keeping skills. Attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude are qualities the ideal candidate must possess. The goal is to ensure our operations have always an adequate flow of the material they need, while keeping inventories in check and the materials flow in and out of the operation at peak performance. Specific duties include the following:
- Direct the activities of shipping, receiving, warehousing and support value stream material analysts to ensure appropriate training and development of personnel to meet operational needs.
- Provide overall management strategy and develop robust systems for plant inventory levels including raw, WIP and finished goods to meet inventory goals and support demand requirements.
- Responsible to monitor and manage delivery schedules to minimize freight costs including expedited costs.
- Responsible to oversee production and scheduling practices to ensure alignment with plant and corporate goals.
- Directly support lean manufacturing principles and processes, as well as NPIS new product introductions. Contribute to overall corporate and plant strategies by participating in inter-plant activities and acting as a liaison with corporate materials.
- Direct materials function BOM measures to assess trends, take corrective action and meet departmental, plant and corporate goals and objectives.
- Responsible to train and develop the organization to understand critical concepts and principles of lean and world class materials management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, or Business field is highly desired
- Candidate must have strong background in Materials Planning, Scheduling, and Forecasting
- Candidate should have strong working knowledge of lean methodology and also deployment strategies
- Plex experience desired or similar ERP System experience
- Automotive Tier 1 or Industrial Manufacturing required.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience